- This event has passed.
North Carolina Preservation Consortium’s Digital Preservation Assessment Workshop
October 4, 2019 | 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
North Carolina Preservation Consortium (NCPC) presents a workshop on:
Digital Preservation Assessment
See the website: NCPC Digital Preservation Assessment Website
Join instructor Annie Peterson, program leader at LYRASIS, to learn about a new tool designed for stewards of large digital collections. The newly developed Digital Collections Peer Assessment Framework will help participants understand the challenges of digital preservation, the ways that assessment can make those challenges more manageable, the steps of digital preservation assessment, and the tools to perform a basic peer assessment.
- Where? Durham County Library – East Regional Library (Children’s Programming Room)
- When? Friday, October 4, 2019, 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- How much? $50 for NCPC members, $75 for nonmembers includes morning refreshments and lunch
- Note: Regular scholarship deadline have passed, but NCPC regularly offers a scholarship seat for which graduate students enrolled in a preservation-related program at a university in N.C. qualify.
- Who Should Attend? Professionals with the responsibility to maintain unique digital collections, such as digitized photographs or audiovisual collections, born-digital images or records, web archives, or other digital collections. No prior experience with preserving digital collections is necessary. Please note this workshop will not cover digitization, and will focus only on long-term management of already digital collections
- Registration: https://ncpc.formstack.com/forms/digital_preservation_assessment_workshop
Click here for simple instructions to subscribe to the events feed in your own calendar.