The September 6 Master’s Committee meeting addressed two main points: revisions to registration forms, and the comprehensive exam questions.
Revisions to registration forms:
- Registration forms for INLS 992 (Master’s Paper or Project) and INLS 696 (Independent Study) were separated out by course number. The form remained the same for INLS 696, but the form for INLS 992 was revised to better suit the nature of the Master’s Paper (or Project) course.
- Clarifications regarding documentation requirements were added to the “Petition to Exempt a Required Course (Graduate)” form.
- These updated forms can be found at the following link: https://sils.unc.edu/current-students/forms
Comprehensive exam questions:
The Committee faculty discussed how to approach the formation of upcoming comprehensive exam questions. These are based off of the learning objectives listed in the Program Mission/Goals sections of the MSLS and MSIS overview web pages, and are the same between the MSLS and MSIS degrees. For convenience, the links to both overview pages are provided below:
- MSLS Overview: https://sils.unc.edu/programs/graduate/msls
- MSIS Overview: https://sils.unc.edu/programs/graduate/msis
*October’s Master’s Committee meeting will be dedicated to faculty training on application management software. The next meeting involving student representatives will occur in early November.